PERSONAL SUPPORT AND COMPANION CARE
Sometimes a little help with the activities of daily living is all that’s needed to live a fuller, happier life at home. The Here to Care for Seniors team can support you or your loved one at home with dedicated personal care and companion care services that meet your specific needs. We offer a wide range of personal care services throughout the Toronto area, including:
- Help with bathing & showering
- Assistance with personal hygiene
- Assistance with getting in and out of bed
- Help with dressing
- Incontinence care
- Medication reminders
- Light exercise assistance
- Help climbing steps
- Washing dishes
- Taking out the trash
- Ironing clothes
- Changing linens
- Making the bed
- Planning the day’s schedule
- Scheduling appointments
- Transportation to doctor appointments
- And more
Our personal care services are available for seniors and disabled individuals in Toronto and throughout our service area and are available 24 hours a day and 7 days a week.
We know that remaining at home is important to you, and our customized personal care services can help you stay safe and happy at home where you feel most comfortable.
Reasons a Senior May Need Personal Support and Companion Care
- You want to eat well, but healthy cooking has become difficult and takes so much time
- Your loved one needs help getting to the doctor or grocery shopping
- You want to spend more time assisting your loved one, but you can’t make yourself available for them all the time
- Most seniors want opportunities to socialize and continue to engage with the world.
- A companion care worker can offer reasons for a lonely senior to get up and get dressed for the day.
- You need help as you recover from illnesses, an accident, or surgery
- You are concerned about the safety of your ageing loved one who lives alone
Any of these are very important reasons to find the right personal and companion care services to help your loved one maintain a fuller and healthier life!
What is Personal and Companion Care?
Personal and Companion Care are Here to Care for Seniors’ main in homecare services which support the wellness of seniors and adults with disabilities. Our goal is to make your family’s long-term care journey as easy as possible.
A companion care worker is best for individuals who need “non-medical” support with some activities of daily living as well as friendly companionship and safety monitoring . A personal care assistant, also called a personal support worker (PSW), may do all the same tasks as a companion, but is also qualified to provide personal care, such as bathing, grooming, feeding, mobility, and incontinence care.
The level and amount of in home care service that we provide depends on the specific needs of our clients. One of the reasons that we interview our clients first before we send them the right caregiver to provide in home care, is so that we can create a customized care plan for our caregivers to follow based on the client’s unique needs.
Can I Provide Personal and Companion Care by Myself
Almost anyone can provide personal and companion care for their loved one. However, caregiver burn out is very common among family caregivers. We’ve also found that many of our clients were not well-informed on how to support the wellness of a senior or adult with disabilities. Many had to juggle the daily tasks of caregiving while trying to maintain their own personal lives including work, family and social life. Such a situation often creates a big and uncomfortable struggle for families of ageing individuals. That is why we have built our Personal and Companion Care Services – homecare services that handle the technical aspects of in home health care so that your loved one can be properly supported, allowing you peace of mind as you go about your own daily life.
If you have questions about our personal and companion care services or want to learn more, You may contact us or call us directly at (647) 499-4409 and we’ll be happy to help.